In a flat in Munich, a 65-year-old woman died in a carbon monoxide accident on early Wednesday. The hurrying rescue workers could do nothing for the elderly woman. Experts repeatedly warn against underestimating the dangers of carbon monoxide.
Dangerous carbon monoxide concentration in flat
According to media reports, a serious carbon monoxide accident occurred in Munich during the night from Tuesday to Wednesday. A 65-year-old woman died. According to the fire department, the senior's husband had contacted rescue workers early Wednesday after finding his wife lifeless in the bathroom. The assistants who were picked up detected a dangerously high concentration of carbon monoxide in the home.
Any help was too late for the 65-year-old
The 65-year-old could not be revived, for her any help was too late. The dog of the couple also suffered a deadly poisoning. The 54-year-old spouse was taken to a clinic for treatment, but does not hover in mortal danger. The fire brigade evacuated and controlled all of the apartments in the building and found in another also a slightly increased concentration. The cause was initially unclear. Specialists should clarify how it came to the accident.
Carbon Monoxide Health Hazards
experts repeatedly warn against underestimating carbon monoxide hazards. The chemical compound can cause headaches even in low concentrations of 200 particles per million air molecules( ppm).At a higher concentration you may experience symptoms such as palpitations, hallucinations, dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting or fainting.
In higher concentrations, carbon monoxide can also cause deadly poisoning. Often the cause of such poisonings can be found in defective gas heating. But even with the burning of glowing charcoal, the odorless gas develops. What many do not know: Shisha smoking also risks carbon monoxide poisoning.(ad)